Thursday, March 11, 2010

Favorite songs of 2009

Well, I've previously posted my best of songs for 2008, as well as 2006-2007, so I'll close with this list. Not the best year for music ever by a long shot, but certainly there were a few gems. Here we go:

1. "Bang" - The Raveonettes (always puts a smile on my face. Danish pop...sort of)
2. "Dull Life" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Does anybody do it better than Karen O and the gang? A national treasure.)
3. "Bless This Mess" - David Bazan (former Pedro the Lion)
4. "What Went Wrong" - Mindy Smith
5. "From Africa to Malaga" - jj
6. "When I Grow Up" - Fever Ray (really weird, but I like the creativity)
7. "1901" - Phoenix
8. "Jump" - Anne Heaton (Just a lovely song)
9. "The Ocean" - Tegan and Sara (If you still haven't bought the cd Sainthood, please do.)
10. "People Got a Lot of Nerve" - Neko Case
11. "Ce N'est Pas Bon" - Amadou and Miriam (West African greatness!)
12. "Telescope"- Mindy Smith

And that's it. I'm already collecting songs for 2010, and it's shaping upto be a much better year so far. Of course if nothing else was released this year, 2010 will always be remembered for Joanna Newsom's landmark cd Have One On Me. I still can't believe how great it is.

1 comment: