Sunday, February 21, 2010

Favorite Songs 2008

Ok - these are the songs that I enjoyed the most in 2008...which was not as good of a year for music as 2006 or 2007, but still. 2009 was weaker still, but more on that later this week. I'm so looking forward to reviewing the new cd's on Tuesday, especially Joanna Newsome. Here are the best songs of 2008:

1. The Re-Arranger - Mates of State. (what a fantastic, fantastic cd. Glorious.)
2. White Winter Hymnal - Fleet Foxes (I know it's not an original choice)
3. Sarah - Travis (The cd was a disappointment overall, but no one crafts a melody as well as Fran Healy.)
4. Divine - Sebastian Tellier
5. Soon We'll Be Found - Sia
6. Sing the Changes - The Fireman (I don't ever want to hear again that McCartney is washed up or irrelevant.)
7. Tender Meeting - Brooke Waggoner (I'm surprised I like this, but I can't help it)
8. Hot Lips - Pacific!
9. The Captive Mind - Helio Sequence
10. Hideaway - The Weepies
11. Hot N Cold - Katy Perry (So shoot me, ok? It's amazing)
12. Paper and Glue - Emma Pollock (maybe my favorite of the year?)
13. Through Your Eyes - Nina Kinert (So lovely)

Happy downloading/pirating! I hope a few of these put a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment